Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Men in My Life

For the first time in a very long time, I don't feel the immediate desire for a man in my world.

Meaning, I'm so okay with going out to lunch/ dinner, hanging out, etc, but no desire to have a guy all up in my space.

I'm not saying that I don't want it; just saying that there are other things that take top priority.

So, humor me, and as I tell about the men in my world.

1. The Italian - Amazingly handsome; very successful; proven love for me and desire to take care of me; (He got me my apartment, paid my rent and sent me to a hotel for a week because I needed to relax.) Love him to bits, but he needs to be solo right now.

2. The owner - We do these really weird borderline text/ email flirts. From the moment I started working for the company, everyone started pairing us together, and we've stayed away from each other because a hook up is so the obvious and logical next step. I think we've avoided an "us" because on some level we recognize that we want to get a lot more accomplished before we even entertain the possibility of blurring/ crossing lines. He adores me, respects me, and gave me the name "Black Barbie". LOL. I respect him immensely, and he can do no wrong. I'm loyal to him, to the end. Oh, I think he's cute too.

3. Mr. M- I forgot that men are about 3-5 years younger than women. I can't even fault him. He really likes me, but is so afraid to feel and totally let me in (although he is), that it's becoming annoying. Damn, I'm doing the work on myself, so why the hell can't everybody do the work? (Yes, I know, different stages of evolution.) Although I want for nothing when with him, he's got a hell of a lot of growing up to do.

4. The new 5k. Yea, he gave me $5k. It was on my Law of Attraction list, and he delivered. The Secret works, I tell ya. Anyway, he adores me. Loves to be seen with me, got me really cool bday presents, but I hate his voice! He has this thick Long Island accent that I'm not a fan of. We have great conversation, but I feel like I might be the black experiment for him. He just seems too smitten.

5. 67 - I've had lunch with him twice this week. He's an incredibly charming man, with an amazing sense of humor. He invited me to Atlantic City next weekend, and on Monday we will attend a Broadway show and charity event. Yeah, he's flirting quite a bit, and is determined to impress me. It's working. Lol.

6. The Man with the Dogs - Very quirky-ly handsome. Amazing dresser, great conversation, his closet is neat, he has a motorcycle, has a collection of knives for class, and a very manly apartment. He let's me play with his babies. I'll give you an update after dinner tomorrow.

7. The Ass - Dated a really handsome model/ actor/ real estate agent last October. We hit it off really well. I bought him a digital camera for his birthday, then I had to be physically restrained at one of my events in November because he arrived with ANOTHER CHICK!

$1 said I was going to smash him face in with a wine bottle. A co-worker got to me before I could actually do it. Anyway, he was away. Now he's back in town, and my open -arms reaction to him shocked him, and me. How's that for growth, Ash? So handsome, oh so handsome, but so undeserving of me.

8. Quiet Daddy - This guy is so smitten by me. I flirt with him because it amuses me, and well, I guess him, too. He has twin 6 year old boys, and since I only trying to babies that walk on 4 legs, he's so not in the running. He likes me, but so what?

I think that's all for now.

Top contenders:
1. Italian
2. The Owner

That's all folks.

Oh so grateful for not NEEDING a man.

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I miss my harem. Not as cool as this one, not by a long shot, but it was sure fun. :)

Butterfly said...

Just remembered that there are more to add to the list - Meditative ex, Radio DJ, and Deep Voice Maryland. LOL! I'll do a Part 2.

Anonymous said...

you need to shorten the list. its only when the list is this long does the drama begin. And NO, i will not be restraining you.

Butterfly said...

I've been good!

No spitting or choking or slapping.

I think I'm in the clear.