Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Italian

Remember him?

Well, we had a wonderful early dinner on Monday.

Each time we reconnect, it's as if no time has past.

So where are we now?

Well, he wants us to be together- as in move in together -ASAP.

It would be a tremendous financial relief for me, and it would be great to be with him 100%, but I'm not finished working on me and I KNOW that he needs some time adjusting to being the solo Italian.

He's comfortable having a chick around, and I want to be around because he chooses me, and not because of what he is "accustomed to".

I'm just not into be with someone for the sake of being with someone. I want security and protection as much as the next chick, but I'm really committed to doing the work I need to do to get me right, FIRST.

How's that for growth?

If he's for me, we'll be together with no work necessary from me.

Oh, did I mention that he's fine as hell?

We make such a beautiful couple it's sickening. Wish I could show you pictures :-p

So, grateful for being HONEST with myself.

Ciao!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you can see this. Many women do not. In the past I could not see it either.

The fact that he's in a hurry is kind of a red flag too.

Butterfly said...

I am no longer living in bubble gum land where everything is rosy and pink and smells like strawberry candy.

If I am overlooking MAJOR flaws and can't be honest with myself because I am so desperate to be with a man, then I TRULY need to be alone.

I love him, but a relationship is so much more than love. It's about checking your major issues before bringing anyone else into your life.