Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Keeping it Real.


You can only be as supportive as the absence of shit in your life.

Think about it.

When you're in the middle of a crisis (whether anyone deems it a crisis or not), how much energy do you have for someone else?

When I was feeling suicidal I couldn't help myself. The last thing I could do was help anyone else.

OK, so I'm happy, I'm not suicidal, but I have my own day to day struggle to stay upbeat and positive; and it truly seems more exhausting than when I was swimming in a suicidal funk.

I'm retraining myself to be a positive chick instead of a surly bitter bitch, and yes,it can be exhausting as hell.

No, I'm not trying to find commonality with those of you who are cycling, depressed or manic; just showing that there are several sides to this bipolar shit.

To be continued.....

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Changing stuff about ourselves IS exhausting no matter what we're dealing with. I perfectly understand your need to protect yourself from negativity right now. You need to do what's right for you.

Butterfly said...

As strong as may appear right now, I know that I am still very fragile.

I'm stepping lightly on my emotional eggshells to ensure I dont do anything to trigger a "relapse".

Before I can help anyone, I need to be healthy for me first.