Monday, July 28, 2008

Who Am I?

I had a brief chat with my bff about identity.

The question was "who am I?" Well, not me, but her. But while we were on her, I figured I'd pose the question to me.

Who am me? LMBO!

I dunno. Real talk.

With the emergence of new "memories" (more on that later) during therapy, I have no damn clue who I am. The why is multifaceted.

One why is that I lived my early years in the spotlight - TV, radio, modeling, acting. The entertainment industry is a farce. The only way to be "in" is to accept that you will be lied to and you will be required to lie to others. Live a lie ling enough and you soon believe the lie. Yeah, that's me.

Another "why" is that after I left the entertainment industry I tried to prolong the lie; it didn't work.

I have no idea where I was going with this post.

Hmmmm, well, I'm trying to find me. If you run into her, please send her home :-)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

To thy own self be true.

Took a long time to get what that meant.