Monday, July 28, 2008

Selling Me Out

I've been thinking about awareness, cash, work, life, coping, etc, and then I read a blog piece that Lil Kim and Foxy Brown were each given an advance to write a book that they did not deliver.

Then it hit me - I need a book deal!

Not only will the advance take care of bills, but it will also allow me to be at home (in an environment conducive to my professional success). I'll have an opportunity to raise awareness and to educate as well.

So what's my angle, what'll be my selling point? Hmmmm, not sure, but maybe I'll pitch the real face of mental illness. Hmm, gonna start by writing Oprah along with Amber and then write a couple pitch letters to publishers.

I'll keep you posted.

Can't wait to be on Oprah, the View and signing my book at Barnes & Noble!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Yes! I love that idea!