Thursday, May 1, 2008

Say What?

"You can't be alone if you like the person you're alone with."

Not sure where I heard it or read it, but I felt like it should resonate with me deep in my gut somewhere.

Hmmm. Ok, Butterfly, let's read it again: "You can't be alone if you like the person you're alone with."

If I liked me, I wouldn't feel alone when I AM alone?

Naw, I don't agree with that. Maybe it should be: "if I like me I won't feel lonely even when I am alone."

Does that make sense to you?

As I understand it, alone is when no other person is present; like in a forest or in a bathroom stall. Then lonely is the feeling that no one is interested in being present with you.

Alone is the state of being and lonely is the feeling about your being?

Gosh, I though this would be a light post. I guess not. On that note....

Gratitude Moment: I'm thankful for my 10th grad English teacher that got me interested in words and their meanings.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I've very little formal learning in English but it sounds wrong to me too.