Thursday, May 1, 2008

Moldy Mood

"People living in a moldy home may be more likely to suffer from depression... of 5,882 adults... those who lived in damp, moldy homes were more likely to report symptoms of depression, including sleep disturbances and lowered appetite or self-esteem."

Did you know about the link between mold and depression?

On a whim we had our carpets, air ducts, and furnace cleaned and sanitized this week. When we opened our furnace, it was covered in mold and mildew!

We've been breathing in cooties! Depression and insomnia -filled cooties!

I wanted to claw my skin off when I saw it!

"Clean it, Clean it, Make it go away! Butterfly No Likey!

My home had been invaded and I was itchy. I instantly wanted to bathe and scrub... hard! But they took care of it , and lemme tell ya, the difference in air quality before and after was AMAZING!

I won't lie: I paid attention to everything I did since the cleaning. Just checking to see if I "felt" different, you know.

What I did feel was clean. The house smells clean, and I feel like there less invisible cooties floating in the air. Read More Here.

Gratitude Moment: I'm thankful for the junk advertisements that come to the house and offer discounted services on duct cleaning so I could be cootie-free.

3 comments:

jenji said...

I had a mold inspection last summer, as I was having some respiratory issues...

first of all...
$ $ $ , good God...

second, while helpful, it didn't tell me much more than what I already knew, as I researched the piss out of the subject, however I would highly recommend that people get an inspection from a reputable company---which is usually one that does NOT offer remediation, as you can therefore get an honest inspection from a company who doesn't have a stake in getting money for any removal-- if you're having some sort of physical problem that you can't quite solve...

I had pretty much normal levels, except for one area that had some black mold...but it was a small enough spot that I could clean it myself, which was a circus show in and of itself, trust me.

picture Darth Vader, drunk and staggering...oh, and cursing like a sailor between laughter snorts...that would be me, suited up and unable to look up or down properly due to the gear, which left me a bit um, uncoordinated...but it's clean now, so all is well...

...still bipolar though...(snap)...

...oh well, it is what it is...

jenji

Amanda said...

Mold definitely has an impact. Glad you are rid of it!

Butterfly said...

Jenji, it did cost a lot. I was shocked and suprised, but after seeing the mold, I would have paid anything to get it gone.

The air quality is amazing.