Sunday, April 27, 2008

Hubby, My Self Image & My Feet

I've long know that I am severely affection and attention deficient; it's one of the reasons why I have never had a desire to have kids. When I was younger I figured that I would want ALL of my husband's attention ALL THE TIME, so there would be none available for a child.

So, I know that I have the perfect husband for me. He compliments me A LOT and I soak it up like a spongy sponge!

His compliments of course are ALL true - I am the most gorgeous woman in all of the world, I do have the best body, smile, eyes, bum, body, toes AND I'm funny! :-)

But he also compliments me so I can identify reality and the BS in my head caused by bip and ED. He's paid specific attention to my ED and self -esteem issues. When I am embarking on a self -defeatist or self -destructive path, he knows how to get me back on the right track.

I looked at my feet today, and liked them.

Ok, what does my feet have to do with anything?

Well, I've always liked my feet. I think they're cute. Yet, one day I woke up and didn't like my feet probably because people I dated weren't really into feet or said I had long toes or something. But anyway, at some point I began to dislike my feet.

Well, I like them again; not only because hubby does, but I realize that they're mine and aren't bad at all! It made me realize how I've allowed other people's opinions and perceptions become my view of MY body.

How wack is that?!

I love my toesies!

Gratitude Moment: I am thankful that I recognize the need to reboot my mental computer.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm so happy for you B!

Self-image issues are so crippling. Progress in that area can be notoriously slow but so worth it.