Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Boooo!

So, "someone" decided to leave a comment about my post "To My Father". It said: You need serious mental help. I hope you’re getting it.

In the words of Michelle Tanner (the Olsen Twins) on Full House: "How rude!"

I know who commented, and here's what I have to say:

As a person with a mental illness, I thought you'd be more sensitive that to say something like that to me, especially when it was CLEAR that I was hurt. But, I supposed sensitivity applies only to you and to no one else.

If you meant what you said, and truly wanted me to give some credence to it, why did you post as Anonymous?

You're attempt to hurt, was actually received as a reason to pity YOU. See, I have a mood disorder and I am getting help for it. Mood disorders can be fixed and managed, but what can fix a black heart.

Here's what you get:

Gratitude Moment: So proud of myself for not allowing someone's bad day to be a bad day for me.

4 comments:

jennifer said...

Wow some people just are so screwed up themselves they try to make others feel bad. Don't listen to those types of people. The person is just trying to get a rise out of you to make himself feel better. I agree with the "How rude" comment.

Amanda said...

Oh the arrogance of the people who think that everyone needs mental help... except them of course.

Nobody is as sane as they think they are. At least we're trying to do the best we can with what we've got.

Kass said...

Good job now letting that comment get to you!

P.S. I like your gratitude moment thoughts. I need to take a page out of your book.

Butterfly said...

Thank you for your support. I've learned that people often speak from anger and their hurt.

That was the case with this post.