Monday, March 17, 2008

Bipolar's Bad Wrap

***MALE SQUEAMY ALERT***

Sometimes it's the simple things that we forget.

Dreamwriter reminded me of the simple things with a comment on my "A Question" post:We are woman and we are hormonal ... sometimes it is not all bipolar, Ya know?

EUREKA!

It just so happens that my cycle is due! Last month when I got wacky, it was also a week before my cycle began. I'm no Sherlock, but I think the two are related.

I've been so preoccupied with finding OTHER root causes for physical issues, that I completely ignored that there could be OTHER root causes for my emotional issues.

(The concentration issues are still there, but we'll tackle these babies one at a time).

Not EVERYTHING is a result of bipolar disorder.

So simple, but damn, oh so deep.

Thanks Dream.

6 comments:

jenji said...

Dreamwriter is right, it's best not to forget your cycle.

There have been so many times where I have felt like an absolute lunatic; you know where you say to people, I feel like an absolute lunatic, but then you're convinced that they weren't hearing you--hearing the severity of your condition, so then you get pissed at them? It usually takes me a couple of days to stop and say to myself, "Oh, right...I'm due, now it all makes sense."

This revelation is most helpful, as it's easier to let myself off the guilt hook if I had been gutting people left and right for no apparent reason.

The hormonal lunatic is completely separate from my sky-high, raging, agitated, manic lunatic that I would frankly urge everyone to avoid whilst I'm sporting those colors.

I used to have anger...
no rages, where I couldn't control my frustrations no matter the cause or perceived cause.

Risperdal has really helped to quell almost all of my troublesome paranoia and rage, with the exception of my monthly hormonal entitlement. But I consider that anger to be functional and acceptable.

Also, bipolars tend to have worse PMS sx than non-bipolars, as it's a trigger for swings.

it is what it is.

Glad you feel comfortable posting online! It's good times and lots of wonderful interaction.

be well,
jenji

Bleeding Heart said...

I am glad that I helped :) Yup, we cannot forget our cycle each and every wonderful month..LOL!

Hope you are feeling better.

Amanda said...

Oh my yes. Some people can be far more sensitive to hormones than others. Count me in. I can get very suicidal while PMS'ing. Thank God that's not always the case but often enough to be prepared for it when it happens.

Butterfly said...

I'm setting an alarm in my balckberry to remind me each month around the 10th and 15th to check my tude and to remind myself of my cycle.

Amber Anique said...

I SOOOO AGREE WITH THIS!!!
My illnes makes me emotional, on the deep end. So, some people think that every time I'm emotioal, it has to be about my illness. WELL STUPID HEADS...IT'S NOT!!! It could be my cycle, OR, it could just be you!
I which everyone understood that VERY SIMPLE FACT!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the Bipolar stories. I appreciated reading them.