Monday, March 17, 2008

Anger and Control


I have a lot of anger about a lot of different stuff.

I've heard that anger is the result of feeling out of control. It's true. I want to control people and make them do what I want them to do. I want to control situations so they have the outcome that I want.

Clearly, I didn't complete "Such is Life 101".

But who is my anger affecting? Me.

So how do I get rid of my anger?

Well, T-Doc is away for the week, and hubby is big on my learning to cope without the aid of a doc, meds, or him, so I'm gonna have to try. I think I need to distance myself from what angers me. Well, lately it's more or a who that a what.

I've got a laundry list of people that evoke rage and/or disgust: Ex's, Former friends, Judges, Marshals (more on that later), etc.

So here's what I'm gonna do: I'm gonna distance myself from all of them with no remorse. I'll adopt a que sera sera/ whatever attitude. I'm going cold turkey with what I CAN control. Everything else will fall into place as it does.

So I'm blotting out every memory of any one that has irked me, could irk me or might irk me.

Last Monday I spent 20 minutes throwing up because I got so angry. That was followed by 2 hours in the dark and in the fetal position because of a severe migraine.

Guess what? The people that made me mad, went on with their day.

I need to preserve my peace.

Calgon take me away.. or at least get me a cushy foam mattress.

3 comments:

Bleeding Heart said...

Yeah, when we get so frustrated with others because they bother us to no end..we continue to let them bother us just by worrying about it and yeah, they do go on with their day and WE are far from their minds.

I don't waste my energy on others anymore, I use to, but not anymore.

By the way, how is NYC? I am from Long Island. Lived in New York for 31 years and then moved out of state. I miss it so much and regret the move.

Amanda said...

I am familiar with this kind of anger. It's crippling at best, deadly at worst. Going for a walk helps me too.

Butterfly said...

I've been walking a lot, and I've taking a liking to stitting in the sauna. I sweat, relax and it feels so good.