Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Skinny on Marriage

So what does marriage mean for my modeling career?

Well, if I'm honest, I'll say that I love modeling, and the only reason why I stopped is that I became less accepting of my body.

That's where the ED comes in.

ED-Eating Disorder.

I'm doing a lot better. No throwing up in at least 4 months; no enemas either. My husband thinks I'm gorgeous, and that does wonders for my self-esteem. He also made me promise not to punish myself (more on that later).

Anyway, I started off in runway, went to commercial/ print modeling, and currently my body type is ideal for the Kim Kardashian, women's lingerie-type shoots, and I have done some in the past, but, I'm married and I don't want to do those anymore.

But I am gonna do some for my hubby.

Hmmm where was I going with this?

Oh, I am learning to accept myself, and instead of "you suck" being the motivator in my work outs, I want to be healthy and feel genuinely good about myself.

I'm the heaviest I've ever been, but I am also the happiest, too.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm so happy for you B. And Your hubby sounds like a really great guy! :)