Friday, January 4, 2008

Home Sweet Home


Our house has really consumed our time and my thoughts.

Ok, consumed is an understatement. I'm manic.

I've always rented, never had a mortgage, and I really want to do things right.

We don't fall into the millions of Americans stressed out over the mortgage crisis and terrible adjustable rate mortgages. We have a really good situation, and for that I am thankful.

But we've gotta protect our assets, so that means homeowners insurance, property taxes, water/ sewer bills, and we've also been looking into mortgage life insurance.

What is it?

Well, if something happened to my husband or myself, our beneficiary would have a house.

GREAT?!

Maybe, if they can pay the monthly bill.

If not, they've just inherited a headache. So we're looking into this. Basically, the house would be paid off if anything happened to us. It would also provide them with a hell of a lot of equity.

Just one thing I've made myself manic by studying.

Sigh.

No comments: