Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Oh Mr. Saaandmaaaan!


Yeah, the sleep ain't coming.

So, Butterfly is gonna be proactive.

Insomnia is a symptom of something; it's not the root cause.

EUREKA!

So, if I eliminate the root cause, then the insomnia will be gone?

You're kidding!

When I was younger and in college, I NEVER took sleeping pills, or any other medicine for that matter. I've always used natural methods to get relief, healing, etc.

So, guess what I did today?

I had a facial, body scrub and massage by a lady that's a nurse AND an esthetician. It was AMAZING!!!!

What made her so amazing is not only that she reiterate things I already new about sleep, skin care, nutrition and exercise, and promised to hold me accountable, but she also gave me a list of self -love rituals to post on ALL of my mirrors!

If I follow her tips, plus some of my own, I am sure to sleep!
How awesome is that!?

I'll write more about self-love in another post, ok. I didn't tell her about challenges I have with bipolar disorder, but her mentioning it made me realize how important it is for me to pay attention to ME; not only when I"m naic or depressed, but also to gauge my stressors, nutrition, hobbies and exercise.

So what am I gonna do?

"OPERATION BACK TO BASICS"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, it's me, d from BPChicks.
I think "thinking about not sleeping" is like waiting for that pot of water to boil; and then watching it.
So I just don't (think about it)
If my mind is running anyway, I just keep it busy(on other things-to slow it down;and make it change direction)

Here is something neat, kinda along the line of your spa thing.(I got this tip last week after I got something pierced)

Epsom salt soaks in a hot bath.

They are relaxing and cleansing.
I find that if I go straight to bed afterwards, I can usually fall asleep, or at least rest.
(hey if not, I've at least relaxed in the tub)

Glad to have found your blog and you!
*although I tend to ramble, sorry about that*