Sunday, January 6, 2008

Bipolar and Homeless

I was driving 3 weeks ago and saw a man with a sign that read:
"VIETNAM VET, BIPOLAR AND HOMELESS. PLEASE HELP."

It broke my heart.

What kind of world so we live in when a man can fight for his country, and return to the challenges of bipolar disorder and life on the street?

Where's the justice?


I'm not in total control of my symptoms either, and I'm not gonna dwell on it, but I do have a home.

I gave him some money, but there must be more that I could do.

Hubby and I decided to donate some money and time to So Others Might Eat (SOME).

SOME helps the poor and homeless of DC. They provide food, clothing, and health care, and offer affordable housing, job training, addiction treatment, and counseling, to the poor, homeless and individuals with mental illness.

I'm gonna volunteer as well. My in-laws were very active in the organization and we're gonna continue it.

Operating Give Back '08 is in Full Swing!

Other cool things:
Donate Car
Donate Phone
Salvation Army
Goodwill Industries

No comments: