Sunday, October 7, 2007

Pee No More


Say I declare that I want to publish a book.

Almost immediately the naysayers from the peanut gallery are ready with a host of reasons why it could never happen.

How are you gonna do that?
Where will you get the money?
Do you know someone?


Now, flip it.

When someone tells me that they want to be a model, I simply say, "that's nice, go for it."

What I COULD say is: "With those abs, that acne filled face, those rashy legs, those baggy knees and your jabba jaw teeth? Sweetie, you're not exactly what they're looking for; not today, not ever. What made you think you could do that?"

But I don't because I consider people's feelings, and it's not my place to kill their dream, unless of course, they're paying my consulting fee. :-)

But people think it's ok to tell me whatever they feel. Granted, it's never the universally mean things like "you're ugly", but I contend that "you're so skinny" is just as bad.

I truly believe people say mean things when their self-esteem is shot. Their so afraid to deal with their stuff, that they use other people as a distraction and pick them apart.

So how will I respond to these low self-esteem negaholics the next time they try to pee on my parade?

How about "Don't trouble your head little one. One day you'll get it. I'm simply ahead of my time!"

Yeehah!

1 comment:

Amber Anique said...

WHO SAID THAT YOU CAN'T DO IT? I THOUGHT YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE IT A LONG TIME AGO! YEAH, YOU CAN DO IT!!! GO BUTTERFLY, GO!!! :)