Sunday, October 7, 2007

Regarding Butterfly

Over the years I've allowed people to chip away at me.

The sucky thing is that they've been able to do so without me recognizing just how much of an impact they were having on my life.

When I isolate myself, I truly feel it's my way of drawing closer to what I know is right and true. I isolate myself to reconnect. Isolation is like my white blood cells; isolation fights the infection brought by other people.

I know, if I isoate too much, it could be problematic.

What I really need to ensure is that I have sufficient me time (aka isolation) and that I connect only with people who are good for me.

I never got drunk.
Weed was always unacceptable.
Gossiping was wack.
Whining and negativity were pointless.
Cursing was a no no.

Slowly, all of theses things were allowed entry and God and me were shut out.

So now, no drinking to get drunk and I won't be around people who do.

Weed, not near me.

I don't want to talk about anyone and I don't want to listen to it either.

No whining and I sure as heck don't wanna hear it.

Cursing I'm done with that. I'm disgusted that I've ever used them like I did.

So, times are a changing.

People may not like this new me, but she's not new at all. This is the true me, and all that matters is that I want her here.

No comments: