Friday, October 26, 2007

And Then What?


There's so much I want to share; so much has happened.

Here's some advice from the Butterfly: WRITE A WILL.

The last month has really showed me the importance of a will; filed will.

Like many other people, I, too thought wills were for the seriously wealthy.

WRONG!

If you have anything of value, especially houses, land, cars, jewelry, 401k, stocks, bonds, etc, YOU NEED A WILL.

You'd be surprised at the "fine print" laws in some states that would prevent your intended party from inheriting your estate.

Studies have shown that people with bipolar disorder focus so much on their mental health, that they often neglect their physical health and finances.

It's true for me.

I've since wrote my will. I'm having it filed in Maryland and NYC. Even if I only have lots and lots of shoes, shouldn't I be able to leave those shoes to whomever I want?

I've also looked into life insurance no exam. Many insurance companies require you to have a full exam before you enroll. Being bip means I'll be disqualified.

True, I don't have any kids, and I'm not directly supporting anyone, but in the event of my death, I want those I care about to be taken care of.

Just thoughts.

No comments: