Friday, September 28, 2007

Did I Know?


I'm going through my grade school writing, and I'm finding evidence that I knew something was wrong with me as early as age 9!

At the time I called it depression. Wow. What an amazing 9 year old.

Here's another poem that ends in the famous words of Ella Wilcox.

Bright and fiery
Depression begins.

Larger and Longer
The hurt never ends.

It closes you in until you feel trapped.
It surrounds you with the feeling
That you can never turn back.
Then at last when you can hurt no more,
You erupt.
Depression has captured you
With it's strong claw.


So many God's
So many creeds.
So many paths that wind and wind.
While just the art of being kind
Is all this sad world needs

-Ella Wilcox

1 comment:

Amanda said...

((((((((((butterfly)))))))))

It takes a VERY smart kid to write something like this.