Thursday, August 2, 2007

Some People Suck!

Like the owner of my company and my resume writer.

I've been waiting since Monday for a response from the owner.

I figured since yesterday was the last day of the month, he'd give a damn and contact me to discuss the details of my proposal, job description and salary increase.

Well, today is August 1st, and I'm no closer to being clear than I was 6 months ago.

So I walked out of work.

Yup.

I've done nothing all week, today included. By 4:30pm, I had had enough, so I gathered my things and left.

Why?

Well, I felt like the company was wasting time. As I see it, people can only waste my time if I allow it, and so i chose NOT to allow it.

I'll be at home tweaking the resume that entrusted to a friend to do. Btw, I'm cancelling her services. I gave her all the info she needed on July 25th. Today was the first conversation we've had since then. Also, her website said $80 for resume and cover letter. She quoted me $95 and then added tax!

Not only does her 8 -day turn around time suck, I can do this shit myself. She ain't better than me!

Best Thing to Say If You Get Caught Sleeping at Your Desk
" ... in Jesus' name, Amen."

Okay, one more. Wear this shirt to work.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

We have that part in common.

PS. Loved the joke!