Sunday, July 22, 2007

What Do You Fear?

For a very long time, I've been afraid of being a fight; not because I thought I'd lose, but because I didn't trust myself to be able to exercise restraint. I truly felt like if I were in a fight, there was a chance that I would kill the person.

HUGE Exhale.

There I said it.

I was captive to that fear. I would avoid confrontation until the very last minute, but by doing so, I brought what I feared even closer to being a reality. By thetime I DID act, I was closer to a 10 on the rage-o-meter than a 1!

So, how do I regain control?

Well, my plan is to take anger management classes as well as self defense or martial arts lessons. Not only will I feel more comfortable about confrontational situations, but I'll be comfortable and confident knowing that I have the tools to ensure that I won't be excessive.

Why am I doing this?

Because this is my life!

Nothing should happen in my life without me knowing.I should know how I will respond in all situations.

It's my life! Why should I be surprised?

What things are you afraid of?

- Talking to a boss;
- Telling a bf/ husband how you feel;
- Leaving an abusive situation;
- Getting a divorce;

The best way to control fear is to take the reigns.

Yeehah!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Before I start reading...you've been awarded.

Butterfly said...

I'ma ll for looking fear in the eyes.

I've lived too much of my life afraid of things that haven't happened.

Let's LIVE!