Thursday, July 5, 2007

How Do You Define a Good Employee?

Arrive on time?
Arrive early, stay late?
Friendly?
Does above and beyond the call of duty?
Makes the company money?
Loyal?


Honestly, all arrogance and bitchiness aside, I am one of the most loyal people in my company. I've affected every part of the company- from HR and staff training to saving money and PR.

I made the company $40k without trying last month, and here's what I got in return:
- My bonus was deferred without notice or explanation;
- Being told that I am not a team player;
- Being told that I have poor follow through;

So here's what happens effective immediately:
- I work 8 hour days with 1 being GONE for lunch;
- I mind my fuckin business. If there's a spill; oh well. Phone cheaper with Verizon; tuff tit!

I ain't doing a muthafuckin thing extra!

Screw em. For so long I've been a part of that world. From now on they're a part of MY world!

I don't need this shit!

There's a culture of delay, no and poor communication in the company, and the onus CANNOT be on me to resolve it.

I think so many people go to jobs afraid to make waves because they don't want to get fired. Well when you have other revenue streams, you can say "fuck the job!"

I'm 30, I'm me, and I sure as hell don't need to be anywhere I am not appreciated- home, relationship, and sure as hell not work.

With that said, yes, I am on the market looking for a new place were I'll be appreciated.

In the words of Ash, Butterfly out.

3 comments:

ashmc2 said...

I would hate to get on your bad side woman...you are the toughest chick I've ever "not" met.

I know how you feel about the work thing. You don't even want me to start. But ultimately I have a family to support so I'm stuck. But if I was single and just starting my adult life again - I'd live in Vegas half time as an aspiring pro poker player and as a fat Chip-n-dale dancer with a sock stuffed in my man-thong. Ahhh, I can always dream. And man could I work that pole...wait that didn't come out right...oh whatever;)

Later, Ash out...

Butterfly said...

For real - I'm LMBOAROTF (Laughing My Butt Off and Rolling On the Floor)!

Well, not the floor, but the bed
:-)

Amanda said...

Sigh. I wish I had the money to hire you!