Saturday, May 19, 2007

Why I Write, Why I Blog


I look at a pen and paper and I see....

I see a CANVAS such as beneath an exquisite work of ART.
It heralds me to paint a WORD picture, and
INVITE others to my party,
To my WORLD,
To my DREAM.

I see UNCHARTERED territory that beckons me to CONQUER it.
To POSSESS it.
To BE it.
To TRANSFORM it in to a world that infiltrates the mind
And lends itself to the senses
Until EVERYONE is ADDICTED to my vocabulary.

I see an opportunity to HAVE my cake and to EAT it, TOO.
My paper is a GIFT that I can give to others.
Yet, it is a gift that I can RETAIN in my subconscious
For as long as I need those words as a FIX
To get me through the day,
And to enable me to PROCESS my reality.

I look at a pen and paper and I see....

HOPE.
Hope for me to process my thoughts,
And to see life as rosy at all times,
instead of that occasional dismal gray.

I see LIFE.
For on the LIMITLESS space that I am allowed on the white,
yellow, or other colored paper,
I can create LIFE.
I can create a world where everything goes MY WAY.
And even when it doesn't I can MAKE it happen as such.

I look at a pen and paper and I see....

How JEALOUS I am.
For the paper can transform itself and be transformed into ANYTHING.
It can stand ALONE or in a GROUP.
Yet, I at times, seem BOUND by the constraints
Of my mind, others, and of life situations.

Oh, how I WISH everything were as EASY as
Placing ink unto a paper surface.
For then with the SWIPE of a ballpoint,
I could TRULY be the author of my destiny,
And make ALL bad things go away.

But I cannot.

And so I continue to WRITE and to EXPRESS, to BLOG
And to HOPE that in the process the JOY I bring to others,
Will BOOMERANG back to me.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

This is just beautiful! :)

ashmc2 said...

Beautiful, your cocoon falls beneath your wings.

Butterfly said...

Thank you both.

I thought about whay I write, and it all poured out.