Friday, March 9, 2007

Count to 10, Butterfly

Woke up to pounding.

The people above me either have a cat from hell, a toddler in heels or they're doing construction. Either way, it's annoying me and I'm counting to 10 before I go up there and WILD OUT!

I have anger management issues. Did I mention that? Oh well, add that to the laundry list o' shit I deal with.

How does it manifest?

Well, apart from road rage (although I haven't been driving much lately), I've noticed that I lock my jaw; not grinding my teeth, but I clench my jaws so tight that I realize that I'm doing it when it starts to hurt. It also causes some headaches.

Also, a couple times a week, I wake up with nails in my hand.

Yup, apparently, while I'm sleeping, I make a fist and my nails (I wear UV Gel nail tips, and they're kinda long) dig into my hand. I wake up when I start to feel the pain.

So I count.

I count steps.

I count to 10 and take hold of myself before I run upstairs with a bucket of cold Clorox water and toss it on them when they open the door.

I count to keep my cool.

Butterfly, do you want to go to jail, or do you want to go home?

I want to go home.

The pounding has stopped as I type.

No comments: