Monday, July 28, 2008

Insurance Side Stuff

After 8 months, my insurance has finally been cancelled.

I've been coasting on it since leaving my job last October. Truth be told, it should have been cancelled then, but it wasn't.

Anyway, I've been looking at/for insurance lately...(because after a year of having this blog I finally "get it" that I need insurance.)

With looking for insurance comes looking for a job that offers insurance. Yeah, none of my GA-zillion jobs offers health insurance. Anyway, many of the jobs I'm looking at offers the basic health, dental, and life insurance, but a couple offered AD&D.

AD&D is Accidental Death & Dismemberment. Did you know that?

Anyway, my curiosity was triggered and found out that there is renter's insurance, landlord's insurance, travel insurance, travel health insurance, pet insurance and self -funded health care insurance .

There should be unemployment insurance for people with bipolar disorder;where a portion ofour earnings go toward days like this. But then again people without the disorder will simply call that savings.

Just sharing. Haven't found a job with insurance yet. Still looking.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I can relate. A job with full-benefits is like an exotic animal to me. One hears about it a lot but one never really sees it.

I've paid my own insurance for a very long time. Now I'm on my husband's health care plan. Huge relief.

TheVoice said...

I wish you the best of luck. I was without insurance for nearly 5 years. My budget was very tight.

Jon said...

I've been on my wife' healthcare plan for nine years. Even with insurance, the co-pays for doctor's visits and meds is awful. My wife left her job eleven months ago and opted for Cobra. Well, the Cobra is going to expire soon, leaving me uninsured. I don't know what I will do then. I've also been on Social Securiy Disabiltiy for the same time, but this doesn't take care of my medical coverage. Since I have a pre-existing health condition (Bipolar) the insurance companies won't insure me for this illness. I will be paying through the nose for my meds! Anyway, there's got to be a solution to this problem, its just that I haven't found it yet, but I'm looking. If I find something, I'll let you know.