Thursday, May 1, 2008

Work Panic

Ok, so this is your warning:

WATCH WHAT YOU ASK FOR!

I asked for a job.
I wanted to work.
I got a job.
Now I don't want it.

I am petrified! I really am. I'm due to start on Monday as a leasing consultant which is totally new territory for me.

The title scares me.
The 9-5 day scares me.
The being told what to do scares me.
The having to do that annoying fake laugh scares me.

I'm only doing it to get active a bit and stop touching our savings, but I really don't want to show up!

Hubby says I'm having anxiety about new stuff. Yeah, yeah. I know that I should embrace it as an opportunity to do something new and learn something new.

But that's the thing: I don't like NEW! I don't like NEW people either. (My co-workers would always tease me about my inability to tolerate new-ness.(

Yeah, I know that new is good, but new is change, and I only want the change I want! (FOOT STOMP!)

There. I said!

I'm hoping hubby will give me permission to skip it. I doubt he will :-(

Gratitude Moment: I'm thankful that I HAVE a job to turn down.

3 comments:

jennifer said...

I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I always do that too when I'm searching for jobs. I want a job so bad until I find one then I don't want it. I hate change. I can't handle when things change. I don't like meeting new people and having new responsibilities.

JC said...

This is for you, sweetheart :) I just couldn't help it, but i really wanted to try and bring you some smiles!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=LK_F1XtaoX4&feature=related

Butterfly said...

BPD, Jena, thank you for the support. I really need it and it made a difference to know htat I wasn't NUTS!