Thursday, May 29, 2008

Me & Talk Radio

For a couple months I was a talk radio junky; mainly political talk.

I have great thoughts. In my head, I have amazing points. In high school I was a great debater and won impromptu and extemporaneous speaking competitions.

And then I call in, and my brain start speeding.

The result: a bunch of shit gobbley gook.

The call ends and I beat myself up for sounding like an arse on the air. My self -esteem drops, I go under the bed and I'm in a "I'm so stupid" funk.

Not being able to get my thoughts together is a stress, so no more talk radio for a while, I'm gonna stick to writing.

3 comments:

JC said...

Oh my goodness I know the exact feeling. I always do that when I call the radio. I wonder why i call the radio anyway??? I have horrible stage fright and probably sound dumb!

I did win a CD on the radio. That was good!! :)

I prefer to type. That way I can delete and re-type. You can't delete live audio.

Amanda said...

Well, keep on writing, because it really helps with that feeling.

Once you write out your thoughts about a particular subject and then talk about it with someone, you'll notice a big difference, promise. :)

Anonymous said...

You just described me. Its so hard...to go from being one way when younger...to what I feel I am now.

Please..dont be hard on yourself.

Laurie