Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wrap Me Up


I forgot to tell you that while I was at the spa I also did a tight and tone body wrap.

You're guaranteed to lose 6-20 inches per wrap. Well yeah, you're gonna sweat, so much of it is water weight, I guess. But the herbs that the wraps are soaked in are supposed to help you melt protein around fat cells and liquefy them so you can pee them out later (or at least I think that's the way it should work.)

Anyhoo, I was wrapped in ace bandages. 2 per leg, hips, stomach 1 per arm and 1 per side of chest/ breast.

I lost about 7 inches total which sucked. I wanted to lose more, but I guess you can't lose fat you don't have. Oh well.

It felt good, but you know what I'm thinking?

Yup, I can buy my own ace bandages and mummify myself and go lay in a sauna! Like duh!

It was ok. Not at all theraputic. Ok, I won't purchase ace bandages because I know that it would be hella over-the-top on the eating disorder scale, so I'll fall back. (I don't believe me. You shouldn't either.)

Note to Self: I'm proud of you. Go walking in the morning.

2 comments:

ashmc2 said...

That is cool even though I just know I would have had to laugh if I would have seen you!! Bride of the mummy.

one thing that I am not sure about is how save it is to lose that much water weight. I don't know but i guess it is save when used in moderation. I am pretty sure that is healthier than diet pills. They are very dangerous.

Later, nerd out...

Butterfly said...

It was a really interesting experience. Btw, the herbs on the wraps SMELLED!