Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Easy vs Good

I've been really trying to focus on what is good rather than what is easy.

My eating habits suck. I go for the quick and easy food instead of what is healthy and good for me.

I first heard this easy vs good concept while watching Oprah, and have tried to apply it to every area of my life. It is tough, but I am trying.

With my alternative therapies, many of them don't taste good, feel good or reside within my comfort zone, but I'm trying. I just think that I'm better than taking the easy way out all the time.

Could I pop pills? Absolutely, but I haven't exhausted the alternative therapies at my disposal.

I do want to lose weight, but I want to do it in a way that is healthy. I could take some diet pills, but that doesn't contribute to my strength, endurance, stamina, etc. Still, the pills won't help my eating disorder issues. In fact, it may actually fuel them.

So, I'm gonna continue to do what is good, not necessarily what is easy, one day at a time.

No comments: