Thursday, November 1, 2007

An Unquiet Mind


OMG!

Have you read this book?

Several people on the bip blogs have mentioned that I should read it.

Well, I finally got it, and it is not only a very scholarly and "outside looking in" approach to being bipolar, but it's also an amazing story!

I'm not yet finished, but I had so many "THAT'S ME" moments, that I lost count. One reviewer states that "Kay Redfield Jamison - the author who is also a psychiatrist - skillfully illustrates the creativity so often associated with mental illness." So true.

I've always felt that my mental issues were the result of my superior intelligence and creativity :-)

She touches on remission in the book, too.

It's a great read if you have any mental challenges, and an insight into our lives if you're close to someone who does.

Get here at Amazon.

1 comment:

Amber Anique said...

AMAZING!!! That was the next book that I decided to pick up. It came HIGHLY recommended by Dr. Phil...I am sooooo gonna pick it up ASAP!!!