Thursday, November 1, 2007

A Question


Can you trust your mind?

Lately, I've discovered that I can't be 100% certain about anything that comes from my head.

Recently I had someone account memories of travel that we did together. I remember none of it.

I've also manufactured memories to cope or to make myself feel better, but now I'm not certain of what really occurred and what did not.

While in college, my then bf told me that I should stop journaling and force my mind to remember. He thought journaling was my way of being lazy. No, it was actually my way of freeing my brain from the burden of the millions of thoughts that run through it each day.

So if it's written does that mean it's real?

Can't say that either because I've reread journals and was astonished by blatant lies written with such detail that I too question whether or not they ever occurred. My pdoc once said that I was text book PTSD, for after any traumatic event, I would construct an elaborate life to cope; much of which I actually did do.

Hmmmmm.

A 2nd Question:
Where does reality begin and the land of make believe end?

No comments: