Saturday, October 6, 2007

Shut up, Haters!


I've never been one to use the words "hard", "can't", "fear", etc.

Those were all words that I eliminated from my vocabulary very early in life, and I'm confident that their absence contributed greatly to my success.

In college, as an RA (resident assistant) and I received an award for being encouraging and motivational to my floor. :-)

I've always been a positive person, however over the years negative words and thinking have crept into my world via other people.

To my detriment, I"ve been around extremely negative and severely pessimistic people. These chronic negaholics at times spewed their "kill joy venom" at me. Other times, I think they sweat or breathed on me and it was absorbed in my pores.

YUK!

But, I know better. I've never allowed fear or whining to control my destiny.

If I thought it, it was valid.
If I wanted it, I could have it.
If I wanted to wear it, I did.


Who gives a shit about how anyone like my hair, my makeup, my dress?

That's the problem with this world: we're all born unique, but die clones.

Moving on: Truth is, people tell me what I shouldn't do when they're too scared to do it. For example, all the opponents of enrolling your autistic child in a regular school setting quite simply lack the guts to do it if they were in your shoes.

Additionally, opponents to a new business plan, plans to move, travel or change careers - yup, scardie cats!

Yeah on some level they may care for us, but ultimately if they care, they should be a fan of us doing whatever makes us happy.

I've been called a scatterbrain. I've been mocked for many unsuccessful attempts at different things. But you know what? I tried, and that's a heck of a lot better than most of the planet!

I didn't sit around whining, I dared to do something different.

That's the me I want to be, so pardon my lack of concern (or not) at what you think is best for me.

With that said:
Yes, its okay to cut your hair, grow your hair, where your hair straight, curly or green.

Yes, its okay to quit our job, move to another state, get a divorce, have a pet, write a book, etc.

Yes, its okay to wear white after labor day, wear gold and silver jewelry, and be who you want to be.


I've gotta re-evaluate the people around me. I really need to reduce the electromagnetic negativity. lol

Yeah baby!

I am about to be even more undiluted me,and I know that some people won't appreciate or join me on my journey.

Oh well.

No comments: