Friday, October 5, 2007

Me, Me, Me Part 2


Ever notice how when you're working or taking care of someone else, you have less time to think about your life?

For example, I admire Amanda's strength.

I think her perspective on bipolar and her tenacity to live, instead of merely survive, stems from her desire to be the best mommy for her son.

I've watched her evolution, followed her process, admired her posts, and then it clicked.

Take your mind off of you, and the result is just that - your mind is off of you!

EUREKA!!

So, I joined an online prison pen pal ministry called Prison Fellowship.

I requested two pen pals and now have names of two inmates that I can encourage.

What's more hopeless than being locked behind bars?

What's worse than being locked behind bars with bipolar disorder?

What's worse than being locked behind bars with bipolar disorder with ZERO family support?


Next stop, a high school tour. I have an investment analyst looking over my proposal and he's gonna get me funding or fund it himself.

I'll give you more details later, but for real, the whining is so gonna stop.

I can't stand it!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh Butterfly. I'm blushing. Thank you. I'm not worthy, really.

I think that any effort to help people in need cannot be in vain.