Saturday, October 20, 2007

Joy Shared...

Joy shared is Joy Doubled. Trouble Shared is Trouble Halved.

Ever heard that saying before?

Makes so much sense.

I've been getting out quite a bit. When my moods are good I ensure that I maximize the day and do as much as I can. However, to compel me to get out, I've joined some Meetup groups. With one group, we've already had a meeting, movie night, and on October 26th, we're having a workshop with a life coach! October 30th, we're having a spa day!

Do I like all of them, can I stand to be around them?

So not the point. The point is that were all together for one purpose: to improve the quality of our lives. If we make friends in the process, its the cherry on top.

I've also started meeting with my women's ministry group again. Awesome! We had Taco Night on Saturday, and the next one I'll host. Of course it will be a tea party - tea, hot apple cider, hot chocolate, coffee and cute cookies.

These groups occur infrequent enough that I don't feel smothered, and they provide me with the connection I need to the community to prevent me from becoming a hermit.

We talk a lot and so my joy is doubled and trouble halved.

Hooray!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Wow, that's so great! :)