Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Dad Said It, So It's Ok

Told dad about Friday....a very loose account.

His reply: "Why are you going to keep working at a job that doesn't respect you? Leave it."

He said it very calmly, and it clicked.

This simply isn't working. Some people want me to fight and to stick it to the GM, bu I'm drained with fighting. I don't want to fight any more. I'm ready to right my my resignation letter.

There's a saying: "When things get uncomfortable, its time to leave." Things have been uncomfortable for me for a while now.

I feel like God is pushing me to take a step, and the "how" in "how will I take care of myself" shouldn't be my concern. What I need to focus on is to obey and trust each step of the process.

So that's what I need to do. I've got to move as God leads, and I'll trust that He really does know better than I do.

It's just so hard to do that.

Hey, thanks for joining me in this journey. May God show Himself to you, through me.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

We have an issue with quitting. Don't know why but we do. And it takes a while to see that leaving a disrespectful person or situation isn't the same as quitting.

Eventually it clicks. For some sooner, for others later.

Butterfly said...

Sooner, Sooner, Sooner - I want sooner!