Friday, August 10, 2007

Student Once Again


Many of my greatest lessons were learned from a teacher.

Several accomplishments were made possible by someone who instilled nuggets of truth and laid fertile soil for my success.

I know I mentioned that I would become a big sister, but I've had a change of heart: I'M the on getting big brothers and sisters; aka mentors.

Yup.

Success has patterns, and people who are successful in their fields, want to share those patterns. I'm gonna give them and opportunity to share, with me!

I want to collect the best practices of all my mentors and swallow them like I swallow my gum :-)

My Homework: Name and contact mentors in the following area by the end of the month.

1. Balance (Inner peace and serenity)
2. Spiritual (Relationship with God)
3. Physical (Fitness and nutrition)
4. Financial (Budgeting and saving)
5. Acting (Agents, work and SAG)
6. Modeling (Commercial, print, hair)
7. PR (Career)

I'm excited!

I attended a free seminar with Raymond Aaron on Monday. I learned the importance of mentoring, and am committed to seeing this project through.

JOKE
Wear short sleeves; support your right to bare arms!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Sounds like a great idea.

I found my first and biggest mentor when I was 25. To this day she doesn't know she's my mentor. I learned by watching her live her life.

Unfortunately I'm a slow learner. I just started following her example now, 6 years later...

Btw, did you see the award I gave you a couple of weeks ago? :)

Butterfly said...

The award means so much to me today. You have no idea.