Sunday, August 19, 2007

I Did That Already

There’s a saying: "When the Student is Ready, the Teacher Appears.”

Since being diagnosed, I’ve so desired to be a student, to learn, to grow as a woman first, and then to understand and to address my diagnosis, second.

Anyway, Friday on The View, Barbara Walters told the story of a friend who had given her a ring inscribed with the words “I Did That Already.”

The point of the ring was to serve as a reminder that there was no need to run a marathon 8 times unless you WANT to run a marathon 8 times. Meaning, what we choose to do, be and accomplish in our lives should be because we want to do them, and not to prove to others that we can.

For me, my job has wanted me to do sales for a year. In past jobs, I’ve hit sales goals to 110% and 125%. In recent months, I all but conceded to do sales although everything in me did not wan to, but today I know that what I’m doing is right.

I’ve done sales and have done it well. There’s no need to prove to anyone that I can do it.

Been there.
Done that.
I Did That Already

NEXT!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Exactly. Keep growing. Repetition is not conductive to anything but an illusory feeling of safety.

Butterfly said...

I ned to live my life MY way. It's the only way for me to be happy.