Thursday, July 19, 2007

What's Wrong With My Stomach?


So, I've been in Vegas since Sunday, and my stomach has been somewhere else since Saturday .

Why?

Well, the stomach and esophagus I have aren't mine.

I had dinner at 10:30pm Friday night. Nothing crazy - rice, chicken, broccoli, and an interesting cranberry sauce with pineapple.

I was awake at 3am convinced that a gremlin was climbing out of my stomach and scratching my esophagus. I thought I ate too much, so I made my self throw up. The result- my chest burned like i drank alcohol and then set my throat and chest on fire!

Since Saturday I have taken liquid Mylanta straight to the head. I've swallowed more tums and pepto pills than I can count. I've also had at least a case of ginger ale with extra ginger thrown in.

Everything I eat makes me bloat or makes my throat burn.

TMI Alert:
No, its not #2. I think its acid reflux.

So when does this end!?! On one hand this non-eating is certain to assist me with slimming down, but the discomfort is too unbearable for words.

Needless to say no desserts, steak or lobster on my all expense paid trip to the adult playground.

Headed to ER. :-(

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh no! How are you feeling?

Unfortunately this sometimes happens with broccoli. :P

Butterfly said...

The broccoli was my first thought.

I'll keep ya posted.