Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Guess Who's Going on a Trip?!


Hmmm, where do I begin?

Well, on Wednesday I wanted to write an ANGRY post about the owner.

See, back in February he told me that I would be going on a company trip. Well, the trip happens this Monday, and as of this past Monday, I had heard nothing, zip, zero, nada, goose egg.!

Everyone was walking around talking about the trip making me GREEN with envy. When I could no longer ignore, I adopted the pissy sour grapes stance in my head of "Vegas is really hot this time of year."

I was so angry! He promised! Well, he didn't exactly promise, but he gave a 99% sure hint!

Well, on Monday, I took some time to put it in perspective and release the stress and pent up envy. Maybe I'll speak with the owner, but my feelings were much to hurt. I was embarrassed and was whining that if he didn't think my performance was “trip worthy”, then why am I still with the company?

Yup, I can really through a tantrum.

I really felt that asking him anything about the trip was beneath me. Truth is, I probably would've cried and been a big emotional sop.

One of the trip people was gloating about it today and asked if I was going. I told her I didn't know because no had mentioned it. Apparently this got back to the owner, and he called me at 9:30pm tonight.

I'm going on the trip!

He asked why I didn't call him. I told him I was "just so focused on work."

Yeah right.

I leave Sunday and return Thursday, but guess what?

I'M TAKING MY LAPTOP SO I CAN BLOG!

Hooray!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That's so GREAT! Vegas, yahoo! Here she comes! :)

PS. You handled this well.