Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Wigged Out!


I wear wigs a lot.

I hate fussing about my hair, and it's so easy to wear wigs; not grandmama wigs, but real hair wigs.

Anyway, I'm black (have I mentioned that?), Caribbean actually; the guy I'm dating is white.

He called me while I was shopping for hair on Sunday, and hell, why hide it. He'll know eventually. So I said: "I'm shopping for new hair."

To my utter surprise he replied: "okay, so are you going to to do the ponytail again? I like that. Or are you looking for something more straight or curly? Want me to meet you? None of this by the way, is a secret to me."

WOWZER!

Some guys trip about me wearing wigs.

"Wear your own hair. You're hair is long."

It's so not about hair length, it's about convenience.

This dude is so raking in the cool points by simply being cool with whatever I do to my hair.

So thankful that I no longer feel the need to alter myself to keep a relationship.

No comments: