Tuesday, June 12, 2007

New Job?

I've been dealing with my GM for a while.

I tolerate him.

I am growing weary.

Today I woke up and calculated exactly how long I'd be at work; 8 hours exactly. When I start looking at the clock, I'm beginning to hate my job.

He makes it hard for me to enjoy what I do, and quite frankly, I'm weighing whether or not it's worth it.

I used to work in TV - talk show, weather and news, directing and producing, etc. On Thursday, I'll meet with a friend who is also an anchor for an evening news station in NYC.

Just weighing my options. My GM flips every evil switch in me. He pushes every manic button, and quite frankly, I'm not pleased with the well -calculated thoughts on how to bring about his demise and pain.

My peace may mean another job, and so I have begun looking effective immediately. Although the owners and I are supposed to talk tomorrow, I'm tired of talking. I'm gonna grab my balls and act.

So thankful for the courage to speak up and change course at the shore, than to keep my mouth shut and sink in the middle of the ocean.

No comments: