Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Rosie Is Right

Today on the view, Rosie O'Donnell said one of the major issue with people struggling with any disease is that in their recovery, all they focus on is the disease.

They were talking about anorexia, but it applies to being bipolar as well.

We are whole people; not flawed or less than because of what we have. I think she articulated what my sister has been telling me and what I've been struggling to bring to fruition in mya life.

I am not bipolar. I am butterfly FIRST. I just happen to be bipolar, like I just happen to have asthma or brown eyes.

I want to focus on the other wonderful aspects of my life and what makes me special instead of filtering everything through the bipolar lens.

Thankful for a clear mind to embrace bits of wisdom and change.

No comments: