Tuesday, April 10, 2007

How's Your Spending?

I make pretty good money for being solo chick in NYC.

So why am I not able to see my money?

Now let's separate poor budgeting from bipolar disorder.

Truth: I've never really had to budget until now. Even when I had bfs paying my rent, utilities, hair and nails, I still couldn't find my money.

So where does my money go?

Good question.

I don't shop for clothing or shoes. I'm not living in the spa or hotel as I used to. I'm not even renting cars. My money goes to food. Not groceries, just food.

Snacks
Lots of snacks
Many, many snacks
Sandwiches
Lots of apple juice

I think of how much I could save if I actually cooked. But I'm so spoiled; I never had to. If my parents weren't cooking, then one of my siblings did. As I got older, I dated guys who loved cooking, or took care of me enough to purchase breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I'm about to have a birthday.
I'm gonna be a big girl.
Bipolar aside, I first need to learn how manage my money, and then I need to manage my moods to ensure I don't have a manic or depression filled spend to binge fest.

3 comments:

Amber Anique said...

Let me know how that works out. I can't seem to find my money either!

ashmc2 said...

I am horrible. Everything is an impulse item. I will buy 2 or 3 of something – just because. My wife often has to put the clamps on because I can’t stop. Hell, the other day I bought a couple of things of legos because they caught my eye; I will never put them together. I don’t play with toys… really. If we go to walmart it turns into a fast pace shopping spree. I just throw this and that into the cart. CD’s and DVD’s are my fav. I actually sneak stuff into the cart when she’s not looking, like a little kid. We usually get the register and as she is putting stuff onto the conveyor I usually get looks of “Here we go.”

Butterfly said...

Gonna try something different this week. I'm gonna try to budget how much I want to spend this week and next, and one carry a certain amount of cash with me, and no debit. I'll let you know how it works out.