Saturday, April 21, 2007

Father vs. Mother

There is something fundamentally wrong with my mother.

I went to help them on Friday only because my father asked. (Never returned mother's calls.)

Upon walking in the door:

Father: Hey wuts up. Thanks for coming.
Mother: Why do you look like that? What happened to your makeup? You need to put on makeup before the kids come in.

Me: What? (Didn't put makeup on)

Upon leaving:

Father: Thanks for coming. I put together some lunch for you. He hands me a bag with 2 chicken wraps a fruit & juice.

Mother: (after makeup) Now you look like a human.

So, I did good, right?

I rolled my eyes and ignored. I didn't spaz out! Hooray for me!

5 comments:

ashmc2 said...

Superficiality.

Not too supporting or uplifting.

She always that way to you?

Butterfly said...

Yup. Very superficial.

That's why I stay away.

Anonymous said...

um cmon you have to be fair and own this one butterfly.... you know how 'you' are... the hair the make up the lights the action.. it is weird to see you not dolled up shades on avoiding the glare of the papparazzi. of course she could have been less 'mommy like' and engaged you in a decent convo, but damn if she didnt notice you looked like one of us undone peons

Amanda said...

I wouldn't have been able to resist the urge to mutter "No wonder I need therapy" just loud enough for her to hear me!

PS. Did you get my email?

Anonymous said...

My mom used to comment if I didn't wear makeup too. When my boyfriend told me he didn't like me wearing makeup, it made me feel so pretty.

I don't think our moms realize what we feel like they're telling us. At least I hope that's the case.