Monday, April 30, 2007

Ctrl Alt Delete

Yup. I'm rebooting.

I'm not getting to the "sights" I want, and so I am simply starting my applications over.

How I see it, once I've reloaded my page several times, the writings on the wall - either my connection is malfunctioning or it's my hard drive.

I think it was Albert Einstein who said the definition of insanity is to do the same thing over and over and expect different results.

Like duh.

I'm not insane.

Here are my discoveries:

I tried the meds. At this point, they're doing more harm than good, so I'm off. For me to keep taking them and expecting to feel better, is insane.

I also discovered that I'm old fashioned. I want to cook, clean and be taken care of, but in today's feminist superwoman of the 21st century world, saying this sounds unambitious and lazy. So, of course I've been in denial about what I really want, and have routinely picked guys who can't do or are unwilling to do the above.

So, now it's out in the open. If I'm not honest about what I want, how am I supposed to get it?

To keep picking guys that need mothers and expecting them to turn into men that want to take care of me, is insane.

Another truth: certain people, places, songs, and things bring me down. They're like Spyware; they do nothing to improve my modem speed or mood. So they must be deleted or put in a folder until I feel like dealing with them.

For me to keep listening to the same depressing shit over and over and expect joy, is insane.

Not sure where I was going with this. I guess I am taking responsibility for my life and want everyone to do the same.

1 comment:

ashmc2 said...

You make me laugh. Very creative way to post your thoughts and feelings. And I loved the quote. You truly need to start loving yourself. You have so much to offer. I don’t see where this defeatist shit comes from. If I don’t hear a happy post soon I’m going to snap.

Later, Ash out…