Monday, March 26, 2007

Seroquel vs. Mania

I was in a one fall, steal chair caged match last night.
Well, not exactly, but it sure as hell felt like it.

I took my usual 50mg work -eve dose of Seroquel at 10:15pm to ensure that I'd be fast asleep at 11pm; but it didn't work.

(I take 75mg if I'm going in to work late, and 100mg on nights where I have no plans of getting out of bed before 2pm. My prescribed dose is 100mg. Don't tell my doc.)

I saw 1am, 2:45am, 3 something, 5:15 and then I was up at 6:15am to give my sis her wake up call.

I didn't sleep much at all, and when I did sleep, it wasn't that deep, feels -so-good, "ooo -don't-wake-me" sleep.

So, yup, I'm manic today, but not the "bouncing off the walls" manic, that allows me to get a week's worth of work done in a couple hours. Today, I'm closer to the "don't-talk-to-me-cuz-I'm-pissy-and-highly-likely-to-pinch-you-very-hard-or-at-the-very-least-roll-my-eyes-at-you" manic.

And last night, manic kicked Seroquel's arse!

So tonight I'm going up to 75mg .

2 comments:

Dobro said...

I'm on 300mgs of Seroquel. It takes an hour to kick in, then I'm sedated for most of the day (unless a manic moment kicks Seroquel's butt and I go off into manic land).Plus, due to a traumatic experience, I use the seroquel temporarily to fight an auditory hallucination.

Butterfly said...

Dobro, thanks for reading. I really appreciate it.

Know that even in cyberland, you have a ear.

Thanks again.