Sunday, February 9, 2014

Sleep, where are you?

I haven't been sleeping. Well, I have, but not the good, ooo weee, that feels so good sleep.

Seroquel stopped working at 100mg. I was switched to some new thing called Fanapt, but it's too new. I don't trust anything when a pdoc can give samples. To me, that means a pharmaceutical sales rep is pushing something new that hasn't been sufficiently tested. So, I'm not taking it.

I tried klonopin on Thursday night, and I passed out at work on Friday. If my cellphone didn't ring, I would probably still be sleeping at work. I hate that drugged feeling, so I didn't take it Friday night or Saturday night. Not sure what I'm going to do tonight.

I wanted to do the seroquel because of my involuntary frowning and incessant jaw clenching. I was waking up with a headache because if how I locked my jaws. I needed something different.

I'm looking at melatonin. It's an otc product. I'll keep you posted.

I need to sleep!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try the Fanapt. It has worked for me for over two years. I also use melatonin. It helps me. I have to take 10mg. If you would like to talk, you can find me on Facebook at Cheryl Wilcox Monk. Good luck.

Butterfly said...

The Fanapt didn't work for me. I had restless nights, but no nightmares...thank God! Melatonin was also as effective as eating Mentos candy. I use Risperdone for sleep now.