Thursday, August 21, 2008

Ebb, Flow, Calm Part 3

So let's do a bullet list

Skin THEN
* Got more sun
* Drank more water
* Washed face nightly
* Got facials

Skin NOW
* I am in the house A LOT
* Drink maybe ~1/2 Gallon/ month
* Routinely sleep with makeup
* Last facial was February

Hmmmm.

Body THEN
* Drank lots of water
* Ate healthier
* Didn't eat as much or as late
* Worked out at least 3x/week

Body NOW
* Drink a case of soda/ week
* 3-4lbs of Swedish fish/ month
* What is a salad?
* I roll over at night to eat/ drink
* Workout?

God Then
* 1 hour daily devotion
* Fast once/ week
* Church every Sunday
* God in every aspect of life
* Like -minded friends

God NOW
* Devotion when I can
* Maybe 2 full hours/week
* Fast once/ month
* Church every Sunday (after long hiatus)
* God needs to be everywhere
* I'm strange to peers

Things to consider:
* Didn't have diagnosis
* Work required fit body

That's it. Even if I wanted to, I couldn't think of any other excuses. It's clear that I haven't been doing my part.

Butterfly, success leaves clues, man. Look at your life, it's there, it's all around. Redo what worked before, and Git R Done!

A return to basics will enable me to maintain clam during the inevitable ebb and flow of life.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Ouch.

It sort of makes sense that way doesn't it.