Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Psych Ward

Where've I been?

I was having a lot of problems concentrating last week at work.

I yelled at a staffer because the TV was loud and so was the radio. Everything was magnified, and the befuddled look on everyone else's faces let me know that it was my ears.

Then came the weekend. I had a severe bout of OCD anxiety on Saturday. I had to unplug everything in the house before I left because they would spark and start a fire. Also, I didn't want the electric bill to be higher because of "phantom energy".

I know. It's a smidge off now, but it made sense then.

Then came the hallucinations, itching, and agoraphobia. I was really bugging out and hubby made me go to the hospital.

I was in the psych ward.

So, they put me back on the Lexapro, but I didn't take the Seroquel. The result was a clear head, but severe mania.

I get it. Life has changed from what I knew it to be. It makes me sad to think if I am unable to do what truly makes me happy all the time, I may need meds to maintain consistent productivity.

I feel like when I was first diagnosed.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh yeah. I get this. "It seemed like a good idea at the time." That's me.

Please don't be too hard on yourself B. There is no such thing as perfect outside of Adobe Photoshop, and few people are really as functional as they seem.

All you need is a unique combination of solutions that works for YOU. Part-time.