Sunday, April 6, 2008

Is it ME, or Work?

So I got a job, and they loved me. They really loved me.

Last Saturday I spent the day with them, kinda like a trial to see if they like me and I like them.

The verdict: They loved me MORE, and I think they suck.

They expected me to be in this past Saturday, but I didn't go. I didn't even tell them I wasn't coming.

The commute is too far (40 minutes), and the boss and I would ultimately have issues because he is much too free with his sexism and need for a bj.

What's my deal?

I swear, I don't know. Honestly, I really don't think this has nothing to do with being bipolar. Maybe I'm spoiled and accustomed to jobs where I come and go as I please and answer to no one. I know it's not the real world, but at 30, isn't it too late for me to learn "corporate America"?

I don't want to lie to anyone, I don't want to sell false dreams, I don't want to deal with people's insecurities with themselves, I don't want to deal with people's crap!

Why the hell does anyone need to work 8 hours a day anyway?

Can't you get it done in 4?


Hmmm. So, I'll keep looking.

Gratitude Moment: Thankful for a working computer.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

It doesn't sound like this is an issue with discipline (which I only understand too well.)

They - the boss - sound horrible. I'm glad you don't have to work in a setting like that.

Bleeding Heart said...

OMG!! You stole my post. I feel the exact same way and I am 41 years old! I, too, think that I am spoiled and I want what I want and if I cannot have it..then I don't want it.

However 40 minutes isn't that bad :)